Civil Project Engineer
Navix Engineering is a full-service civil engineering and site development consulting firm dedicated to providing innovative design solutions for our clients. We offer comprehensive civil design services with an emphasis on site due diligence, site planning, land use entitlements, civil engineering design, and project management. Our clients range from private landowners to Fortune 500 companies and everything in between. We work on a variety of project types, including data centers, mixed-use, urban infill, healthcare, retail, residential, and industrial site development projects in the Pacific Northwest and across the United States.
We are enthusiastic, empowering, and supportive in helping new people work their way up quickly!
As a Civil Project Engineer, you will lead the technical civil design for site development projects. You will oversee project documentation preparation and permitting efforts and will direct and supervise the work of engineers, technicians, and administrative staff. You will also assist the Project Manager with establishing scope, schedule, and budget, and will coordinate with design teams and clients.
We seek creative, driven, and talented professionals who desire to raise the bar not only within our firm, but within our profession. The right person for this role will meet the following expectations:
- You demonstrate and effectively apply appropriate knowledge and skills for the position
- You consistently and effectively prioritize your duties, and the duties of others, to meet project deliverables on-time and on-budget
- You effectively lead, supervise, and motivate the work of others
- You demonstrate leadership and your actions model Navix’s core values of trust, integrity, follow-through, and dedication
- Your work product quality consistently meets established Navix standards and is compliant with all applicable regulations
- You are a team player with demonstrated effective communication and collaboration within your project teams and across the firm
- BSCE or MSCE
- 4+ years of experience in site development design
- Professional Engineering license in the State of Oregon or scheduled to sit for the exam in the current year
- Prior experience providing civil design for complex projects in the Pacific Northwest
- Expertise working within AutoCAD Civil3D
- Experience using stormwater modeling software (StormShed, WWHM, MGS Flood, etc.)
- Experience with site planning, stormwater/sewer/water/grading/roadway design, and permitting in local agencies
- Experience in effectively supervising the work of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational, project, and time management skills
- A personal commitment to excellence
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Performance bonuses considered and paid throughout the year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance – 100% premiums paid for employees
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Excellent retirement savings plan with employer matching
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for this position is $85,000-$115,000, exclusive of fringe benefits, potential bonuses, or applicable taxes. If you are hired at Navix Engineering, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous benefits package as noted above.
This position is based in our Clackamas, Oregon, office, with the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days each week. Employees receive company-provided equipment to set them up for success.
Ready to join our team?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com