Civil Design Engineer
Navix Engineering is a full-service civil engineering and site development consulting firm dedicated to providing innovative design solutions for our clients. We offer comprehensive civil design services with an emphasis on site due diligence, site planning, land use entitlements, civil engineering design, and project management. Our clients range from private landowners to Fortune 500 companies and everything in between. We work on a variety of project types, including data centers, mixed-use, urban infill, healthcare, retail, residential, and industrial site development projects in the Pacific Northwest and across the United States.
We are enthusiastic, empowering, and supportive in helping new people work their way up quickly!
The Civil Design Engineer is responsible for the work associated with technical calculations, reports, design, and coordination of civil engineering site development projects. Design engineers are involved with various elements of site design, including erosion control, grading, stormwater management, and sewer, water, and franchise utility design. They work hand-in-hand with project managers, project engineers, and design technicians.
We seek creative, driven, and talented professionals who desire to raise the bar not only within our firm, but within our profession. The right person for this role will meet the following expectations:
- You are interested and committed to the work required for civil site development projects
- You demonstrate and effectively apply appropriate knowledge and skills for the level of the position
- You consistently and effectively prioritize duties to meet the project schedule for deliverables
- Your work product quality consistently meets established Navix standards and is compliant with all applicable regulations
- Your assigned responsibilities are completed within the project plan scope and deadlines
- You seek appropriate answers when in doubt, particularly when tackling new challenges
- You demonstrate initiative and advocate for what you need to fulfill your responsibilities (i.e., don’t wait to be told what to do)
- You are a team player with demonstrated effective communication and collaboration within your project team and across the firm
- Your actions align with Navix’s core values of trust, integrity, follow-through, and dedication
- BSCE or MSCE
- 3 of years of experience in civil engineering
- Experience in the following areas preferred:
- AutoCAD Civil3D
- Stormwater modeling software (StormShed, WWHM, MGS Flood, etc.)
- Site planning, stormwater/sewer/water/grading/roadway design and permitting in local agencies
- Drafting/designing commercial, industrial and/or residential site development projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational, project, and time management skills
- A personal commitment to excellence
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Performance bonuses considered and paid throughout the year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance – 100% premiums paid for employees
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Excellent retirement savings plan with employer matching
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for this position is $65,000-$95,000, exclusive of fringe benefits, potential bonuses, or applicable taxes. If you are hired at Navix Engineering, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous benefits package as noted above.
This position is based in our Bellevue, Washington, office, with the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days each week. Employees receive company-provided equipment to set them up for success.
Ready to join our team?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com